The membership of the coalition shall consist of organisation representative delegates appointed by their community organisations/groups. The community organisation must be a legal NZ registered Incorporated Society or Trust which is represented by three representatives, two females and one male, or by two males and one female. The coalition may allow some individual leaders to be associate members if it is beneficial for promoting the objectives.
The current 20 member organisations represent diverse resettled communities from different countries including the Afghanistan, D.R Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kurdish, Myanmar (Burma) Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Somali and Palestinian communities. The full members of ARCC are organisations not individuals, but we have individuals who are associate members. The different between full members and associate member is that a full member has a right to vote on ARCC matters, while associate members do not. The benefits of becoming an ARCC member are that you have a voice and can establish new networks for your community. The member organisations and representative leaders attend monthly meetings where they have the opportunity to network and contribute to discussion and receive information on resettlement and integration issues and raise issues on behalf of their respective communities.
Member Organisations list
- Auckland South Sudan Community Inc
- Afghan Association Inc
- Burundian Association of NZ Inc
- Congolese Community
- Eritrea Community of New Zealand Inc
- Ethiopian Community of Auckland Inc
- Hope Worldwide Pakistan
- Myanmar Gon Ye Organisation
- MATA of Hope NZ
- New Zealand Uganda Community
- New Zealand Chin Community
- New Zealand Zomi Community
- New Zealand Palestine Community
- New Zealand Zo Community Inc
- New Zealand Kurdish Community
- NZ Sri lanka Forced Migrant support group
- Rwanda Community in New Zealand
- Somali Kiwi Trust
- Somali kiwi Association Inc.
- Sudanese society in New Zealand
- Tigray Community in New Zealand
- Western Sudanese Alliance in NZ
If you are part of the resettled community in Auckland and would like to join our coalition, please click ‘here’ for more details on how to become a member, or contact us ‘directly’. Any resettled community organisation can become a member.