The membership of the coalition shall consist of organisation representative delegates by their community organisations/groups. The community organisation must be legal NZ registered Incorporated or Trust which is represented by three representatives, two females and one male, or other way around two males and one female. The coalition may allow some individual leaders to be associate members if it is beneficiary for promoting the objectives.
The current 20 member organisations represent diverse resettled communities from different countries including the Afghanistan, D.R Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kurdish, Myanmar (Burma) Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Somali and Palestinian communities. The full members of ARCC are organisations not individuals, but we have individuals who are associated members. The different between full member and associate member is that full member has a right voting in the ARCC matters, while an associate member does not have a voting right. The benefits to becoming ARCC member mean that you can become a voice and establish a new network for your community as representative. The member organisations and representative leaders attend monthly meetings where they have opportunity to network and contribute to discussion and receive information on resettlement and integration issues and raise issues that are happening in their respective communities.
Member Organisations list
- Auckland South Sudan Community Inc
- Afghan Association Inc
- Burundian Association of NZ Inc
- Congolese Community
- Eritrea Community of New Zealand Inc
- Ethiopian Community of Auckland Inc
- Myanmar Gon Ye Organisation
- New Zealand Uganda Community
- New Zealand Chin Community
- New Zealand Zomi Community
- New Zealand Palestine Community
- New Zealand Zo Community Inc
- New Zealand Kurdish Community
- NZ Sri lanka Forced Migrant support group
- Rwanda Community in New Zealand
- Somali Kiwi Trust
- Somali kiwi Association Inc.
- Sudanese society in New Zealand
- Tigray Community in New Zealand
- Western Sudanese Alliance in NZ
If you are part of the resettled community in Auckland and would like to join our coalition, please click ‘here’ for more details on how to become a member, or contact us ‘directly’. Any resettled community organisation can become a member.